Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Camp 2010 with St. George +







Izak and I went to camp with my brother's youth group and other youth groups from Arizona. I was mostly apart of helping out in whatever ways I could, like cleaning up to helping lead worship and also being leader/counselor.
The main focus or theme of the camp was entitled Organic: Rooted and Grounded in Love. The camp verse was Ephesians 3:17. The difference that I saw in this camp, that made it the best summer camp that I have ever been to, was that there was a realness to it. because often times as i have seen it become and I'm sure a few can vouch for the same that camp can be come a bit of a show. The name of the camp was appropriate in that we should as believers understand that the church is not something mechanic it is very much organic. Along with the fact that as Christians there is the elements of simplicity, sincerity, rawness, and realness that we should have. The worship and the devos were great and the teachings were awesome and refreshing. The Lord was doing a real work in the kids' lives because of the real Christ centered fellowship most of them got to see. There is so much more to say but all there is left to do is give glory to the Lord for changing and transforming lives and giving us such a beautiful hope in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment